CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 1, 2008

Sweet Potato Bake & Turkey Day

(Insert Picture of the most incredilbe sweet potatos)

Above is where the picture of this dish should be they were so pretty... Yes I said a dish of food was pretty. Anyways.....
This is for all my family that has been asking for this.... If I cooked like Paula Dean I would weight 500 pounds. But let me tell you this dish was worth every pound I gained.
Ingredients:
3 cup mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 heavy cream, half and half, or whole milk
Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
Mix together with fork; sprinkle over top of casserole.
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all ingredients together except for cream. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add cream;mix well. Pour into greased casserole dish ( 1 1/2 quarts).
Add topping. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Thanks Aynie for posting picture I can still since I never have my camera
( I hope I spelt your name right, after talking about how its always miss spelled)

2 comments:

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Great pictures of Thanksgiving... Tell Chelsea HI for me! I just love her and can't wait to see her someday soon! When we were young, she was my little sidekick. She looks great with her handsome hubby. I can't wait to come to a family event someday soon! I am so glad you and Aynie posted pics of the family... we sure miss everyone! Have a great December and let the Merriment begin!

Aynie said...

mmmmmmmm. Thanks for posting that! I may have to have that for dinner sometime this week! See you soon!