CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Apple Pie & Raspberries


Ryker and Kennadee love going to grandma's to pick Raspberries. We just send them out with a bowl and they come back with enough for everyone to have a few. Well the adults never go with them (yes they pick unsupervised) but today I went out with them and to my amazement there were raspberries galore. So we picked everything we could find. My mom and I thought the kids had been picking the vines to death because some of the berries they would bring back were not so ripe at times. We were about 3/4 the way through the vines when kennadee sat on the bag and squashed them pretty good. So when we were done we decided that since grandma had some rhubarb we would make some jam. Can we say mmmm..... We had enough to make about 6 jars and it will be gone fast at our house.
Sunday I decided to make an apple pie, from scratch. Well this is what it looked like once Ryker realized it wasn't hot. I have to say it wasn't to bad for my first attempt that didn't come from a can.

Poor Ryker isn't sure if he still needs naps or not. What do you think? This was taken about 3 min. into dinner.

2 comments:

Eni and Chelsea Tumanuvao said...

Thanks again for coming down to eat Sunday! I was great seeing you all!

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Ashlan, love the pictures of your family... still can't wait to meet you all someday soon. Congrats on having a boy.... we are so excited for another little guy to come to our house soon. Maybe one day our two little guys will get to play. We are planning on coming home for Christmas this year, so hopfully we will get to see you. Anyway... I need your email address... email me... haleybachison@hotmail.com. I have a friends and family pass for the gap to send you, coming up on July 30-Aug 2nd. Take Care