CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Miami Marathon

Jodie and I hoped on a plane from SLC to LGB where we then got onto another plane to FLL. Aside from the creepy guy who wanted to buy my jacket off me and Jodie leaving her laptop on the first fight getting there wasn't to bad. We arrived about 5am. We got in a cab and headed to South Beach in hopes to check into our hotel early we only were just about killed 3 times by the driver that all..An hour to get a rental car and we were on our way. We hadn't had any sleep all night so we needed somehwere to crash. There was no way our room would be ready until 11am. We headed a few streets over to the beech to watch the sun rise and decide what to do...Luckly my great friend Dane let us come bombard his bed at 5am. Poor guy gets a text to let these crazy girls in his room. Jodie and I crashed for several hours.






We got up and got ready to hit the beach to realize it was way to windy and cold...So next best thing we headed out shopping. Later that night we headed back to the airport to pick up Julie and Suz..We are ready for our weekend in MIAMI!





I guess this is what we came for..


We found a darling place to eat breakfast.










northing better than putting our toes in the sand.


After exploring the beach we headed to the expo to pick up our packets.











Julie and I ran the full. Suz and Jodie did the half. Jodie's first


Dane is truly an amzing friend I am so lucky to have become friends over the last few months.


What do they expect us to do with these things while we wait for our car. We headed back to the beach as fast as we could this was our only day to lay out.


Bathing beauties!


OH MY HECK was that water cold


we decided to brave it again but needed moral support



Serious carb loading. I'm still amazed that Julie ate more than I did.



We loved this gold couch in the lobby of our hotel...This was taken at 3:00 am yes it was 5am in Miami but I don't adjust well...


This is the point where I realized I had only ran a total of 12 miles since November


Ready or Not here we come!


People were everywhere it was crazy 22K people


"WHAT THE HELL ARE WE THINKING" was a term used often.



Someone gave us these and I was so thankful we used them for the first mile to get warm.


The sea of people going over one of the first bridges


all the AID stations looked like this its a good thing I train at GPP I'm good at obsticles.


Instead of going into detail about how terrible my run was. I was thilled I got a new lulu lemon outfit and a slight tan.





Julie and I broken as ever but finished our 2nd marathon together.


So glad to have these girls part of my life. They are great examples


5am again ready to head home. TSA loved us..NOT

Our gate was the last one in the terminal so we shuffled down to it only to get told the gate had been moved to one of the first. Once the plane was loaded we sat on the runway for about 45min. with plane problems.



We arrived in Dallas which was our connection to see our place on the runway taking off..After a few hour we finally got on a flight. We were so ready to get home. Such a terrible trip was one of the best trips ever.

0 comments: